Monday, January 31, 2005 . 10:46 AM
Here's the issue:German guy from Asian American Association wanted to join Mr and Ms Asia.
He studies about the Asian Culture and knows how to speak chinese.
Should he be allowed to join Mr and Ms Asia?
This question has been playing on my mind.
Even though it was voted that he should not be allowed to join, some part of me kinda feels that this only shows the lack of openness of the asians.
Should it be the association's choice on who they want to represent their association? Or is it the asian society who decides?
Though I was sort of against it at first, now when I think about it, I kinda feel that it's not our problem if they wanted to send a german. It will be to their embarrassment if he were to not be able to answer Asian cultural questions.
Why didn't we give him a chance?
It's during these times, I wish I was back in Singapore. Truly appreciate the multicultural background we were brought up in.
*sigh* it's going to be chinese new year next week in Singapore.
What will I be doing?
Studying...
I miss seeing my relatives.... collecting angbaos....eating as if there's no tomorrow...
2 years more and chinese new year will be back in my life!
